1 April 2005
To whom it may concern,
As of 1st April 2005, the law and regulations related to the privacy of personally identifying and personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) were put into effect in Japan. Accordingly, we hereby submit our policy on treatment of Personal Information for your attention as follows:
We at Kintetsu World Express, Inc. (“KWE”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your Personal Information.
We, including our directors and employees, will abide by the law and regulations on Personal Information privacy as well as our internal guidelines and rules on business ethics and legal compliance, treat Personal Information securely, and make every effort to meet our stakeholders’ trust and confidence in matters related to Personal Information privacy.
- KWE’s directors and employees will abide by the law and regulations on Personal Information privacy.
- We adhere to our internal guidelines and rules on how we should treat Personal Information privacy and security in our relevant operations and systems.
- We periodically monitor and audit how Personal Information is treated within our organizations, and provide support and guidance for improvement in any case of need.
- Our Personal Information Privacy Statement is always posted on our website(URL http://www.kwe.co.jp)for easy viewing.
Treatment of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
We may collect certain Personal Information, subject to prior statement of our purposes of use of such Personal Information and any Personal Information proprietor’s agreement to our stated purposes. Such purposes are always within the scope of our business. Further, we may use or transfer our collected Personal Information within the extent of our stated and agreed purposes only.
- Protection of Personal Information Privacy
We respect any person’s right to his or her Personal Information. Upon receiving a relevant request, we will revise or delete any Personal Information of its proprietor that we may retain, in a commercially appropriate and reasonable manner.
- Safeguarding mechanisms
We will set and follow internal rules and regulations on how we protect, by way of safeguarding mechanisms, against any unlawful access to, damage or loss to, and destruction or unauthorized disclosure of, any Personal Information in our offices and systems.
|Inquiry on Personal Information Privacy
If you have any questions or request related to our treatment of Personal Information, contact the following:
The Board of Compliance Kintetsu World Express, Inc.
24th Fl, Shinagawa Intercity Tower A, 2-15-1 Konan, Minato-ku Tokyo 108-6024 Japan
President and Chief Executive Officer